Tips for a Trouble-Free Graduation
Reference this list often. If you have questions, meet with an OAA advisor.
- Review your degree audit on-line to verify your eligibility for graduation. Will you complete all remaining major/minor requirements in your final semester?
- Have you documented any exceptions or substitutions to any requirements in degree audit with the Director of Undergraduate Studies in your major or minor?
- Are your full name, major(s), and any minor(s) correct on your transcript? If anything is amiss, contact the Office of Academic Advising (OAA) by email (email@example.com).
- Will you complete at least 120 credits total (126 for BS, Physics)?
- Will you complete all distribution requirements and 12 writing-intensive credits?
- Will you earn grades of C- or better in all major/minor courses? (Some majors require C or higher.)
- Have all your transfer, study abroad, or advanced placement credits posted to your transcript? If not, contact the OAA.
- Do not take any incompletes in you final semester! Incompletes will delay graduation.
- Do you frequently monitor your Hopkins email? Respond promptly to any graduation issues.
- Are you retaking a course? If so, there may be no net gain in credits. If your resulting grade is lower than the first grade, you may lose credits. Contact your advisor if you have questions.
If any of the above items are missing, you will not graduate! If you have questions, contact OAA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410)516-8216. We look forward to celebrating with you in May.
- " Full-time or part-time? What's the real deal on completing graduation requirements?
- Students graduating in less than eight semesters must complete ALL graduation requirements by the end of the fall or spring semester. Intersession and summer credit may not be used to complete remaining graduation requirements.
- Graduation requirements can only be completed in the fall or spring semester unless a student has already completed eight full-time semesters. Because of the requirement that students have full-time status in the semester immediately prior to graduation, students must register for at least 12 credits in the final semester even if all course and credit requirements could be met with less than 12 credits.
- Students who have completed eight full-time semesters and at least four semesters in residence without completing graduation requirements may stay on for additional semesters to complete graduation requirements on a full-time or part-time basis and may complete requirements in summer session.